Find out more about Industry-Specific Help Desk Software
What is Industry-Specific Help Desk Software?
Industry-specific help desk software can be used by companies to offer customer support right from the front desk level which can respond to common issues up to the level of senior management to whom serious problems can be escalated until the matter is resolved. A good quality solution helps you track, address, and resolve customer concerns quickly to earn their goodwill and continued patronage. The software stores purchase records, email messages, user correspondence, and other interaction details, and you can use this information for reporting as well as a reference for knowledge base. We invite you to pay particular attention to the current category leader LiveAgent.
Top 11 Most Popular Industry-Specific Help Desk Software
Best Industry-Specific Help Desk Software
How To Choose The Best Industry-Specific Help Desk Software
Providing reliable online customer service is important no matter which industry your company is operating in. You can create repeat business if you keep your customers satisfied and happy. To provide quality customer service you need to invest in a top-rate industry-specific help desk software. Before you start evaluating the various help desk programs available, you need to be clear about your needs and the tasks you wish to achieve with the software. You should look to customize the software to your needs, rather than transforming your processes to fit the solution. This buyer’s guide helps you out by providing a list of factors to consider as you start looking for the best industry-specific help desk software platforms for enterprises and SMBs.
Get to know each product with free trial
A great way to start your search for the perfect software is to register for the free trials or demo offered by popular industry-specific help desk software providers. We recommend you sign up for the following tools which have received high SmartScore rankings and user satisfaction rating in our industry-specific help desk software reviews, do a comparison, and choose the best Industry-specific Help Desk software for your company: Freshdesk reviews, Samanage, Freshservice, and ManageEngine ServiceDesk.
- Small businesses and startups can use industry-specific help desk software to boost their customer support.
- Medium-sized and large companies can use the solution to keep their customers happy.
- Call centers and BPOs can also utilize the software for their customer services operations.
What are Examples of Industry-Specific Help Desk Software?
- Freshdesk: Freshdesk is a leading cloud-hosted help desk application for small business and big companies that offers useful features and excellent customer service.
- Samanage: Samanage is a popular IT service desk and asset management solution.
- Freshservice: Freshservice is a cloud-based customer support app that helps organizations of all sizes to offer high quality customer service.
- ManageEngine ServiceDesk: It is a highly rated help desk software and asset management tool.
- KronoDesk: KronoDesk offers a combined customer service system that includes help desk ticketing, a knowledge base, and customer support forums.
Types of Industry-specific Help Desk Software
- Web help desk software – This is a software-as-a-service (SaaS) or cloud-based system that is hosted on the vendor’s server.
- On-premise help desk software – This is a licensed proprietary solution that companies can purchase and install on their own server for operation.
- Enterprise help desk software – These are sophisticated solutions with advanced features such as survey management, service request fulfillment, account management, and IT asset management.
- Open-source help desk software – This type gives developers access to its source code. It can therefore be modified and enhanced as per users’ needs.
Key Features of Industry-specific Help Desk Software
- Multiple contact channels – Phone, live chat, email, social media, and community forums give customers flexible options to contact a company’s support agents.
- Ticketing system – This core feature allows support agents to manage, track, and respond to user queries.
- Escalation levels – Advanced help desk systems allow agents to escalate issues to a manager for better resolution.
- Automation – This feature enables the automation of administrative tasks and repetitive queries, which helps to save time.
- Dashboard – A dashboard gives agents a view of important data after they log in.
- Knowledge base – This feature allows agents to aggregate and organize customer queries to create guide articles and FAQs which customers can use for self-help.
- Analytics – You can get valuable market feedback from customer queries and use the insight to make smart business decisions.
Benefits of Industry-specific Help Desk Software
- Improved issue tracking and organization – The software offers a single system for agents to track and resolve queries and ensure every support request gets a response. They can improve efficiency and productivity with workflow rules for standardized business processes.
- Reduced service expenses – Automation helps agents to resolve issues more quickly and respond to more queries every day. This results in improved productivity which can reduce the number of support agents and minimize costs.
- Improved customer satisfaction – A good help desk system can aid your agents to resolve customer issues speedily and efficiently which can boost customer satisfaction.
- Better knowledge sharing – Successful resolutions can be documented and made searchable, so that agents can reuse past resolutions for recurring issues. Some systems even enter the solutions into a knowledge base which customers can use for self-help.
Be Clear About Your Budget
Many companies balk against investing in a help desk solution because of the expenses involved. However, cloud-based systems are affordable even if you have a tight budget. Do your homework and select a solution that is sustainable and allows you to scale up if required. The most expensive software may not be the best fit your company. In fact, startups and small businesses can even consider using a free open source software to kick things off.
Be Sure About Your Requirements
Analyze your customer support process and identify areas that could be automated to boost agent productivity and reduce redundancies. Re-visit the customer support channels you use such as toll-free hotline, live chat, email, etc. and think about adding some more to enable easier access. Do your own research to find out about the features that could be useful for your company. Read online reviews and visit application marketplaces to get started.
Evaluating a System
Many vendors advertise about offering strong ticket management features. However, don’t take their word and do your own analysis of the software. Select a system whose features match your requirements. If you cannot accomplish a simple task like tracking agent productivity, the solution may not be useful to you. If you are a trans-national company that has international customers, select a web-based solution that offers multilingual ticket submission capability. Plus, you should be able to brand the software with your company logo and colors to make the app yours.
Considering brand reputation is important in the selection process. It is hard for a vendor to create a good brand around their product. Find out details such as the longevity of the company, their solution’s uptime, and whether you need to sign a contract for the subscription plan. Some companies even offer refunds if you are not happy with their solution. So, go about the selection process in a steady and systematic manner to select the right help desk system.
If you include sensitive information such as names, passwords, addresses etc. in the ticketing system, make sure the data is safe from hackers. Select a vendor that complies with the data security regulations of the nation your company is based in. If you use email for customer support, encrypt the data using technologies like SSL. Data security is an important aspect to ensure all customer information is stored safely and securely.
Now You are Ready
After considering all the above factors and features, you are now ready to invest in a suitable industry-specific help desk software. Silicon Valley startups and NGOs can ask for discounts from the vendor. If you are convinced about the software’s quality and wish to give it a long run, you can sign up for yearly subscription to get discounts. Talk with the sales personnel of the vendor to get more information and the best possible quotes.
Tips for Software Comparison
When evaluating help desk software, consider these four factors for comparison to select the best available solution:
- Ease of use – It’s no use if the software is packed with innovative features, but is not easy to use. Your employees should get the hang of using it easily to put it to effective use.
- Customer and technical support – The vendor should offer reliable support to answer all your questions and resolve any issues promptly and satisfactorily. Go for a vendor that offers support via multiple convenient channels round the clock.
- Reliability of software – The solution should provide a high uptime percentage and not crash at all. It should provide correct data and information that you can rely on.
- Value for money – The help desk software should make you feel the subscription cost is worth it. Find a system that you can customize for your company’s specific needs and size.
You need to consider a lot of factors as you sit down to evaluate the quality of your shortlisted help desk apps. It can be a tricky process to select the right system from among the many available ones. Follow the guidelines provided in this article to compare the various solutions and zero in on the one that offers the essential features you need to run a reliable customer service operation.
List of Industry-Specific Help Desk Software Companies
Page last modified
Our Score Read More
Our website makes use of our unique SmartScore™ method to test all the applications in the Industry-Specific Help Desk Software category to help you choose the best possible software. It pays attention to the following aspects: individual modules, collaboration elements, custom elements, available integrations, intuitiveness, help & support, how secure a software is, mobile support, ratings in media. At the moment, Zendesk is the leader in this category and we gave it the highest score in our tests. Following detailed examination it had the best results among its competitors and our reviewers strongly suggest that you include it as one of the solutions for your company.
User Satisfaction Read More
A summary of total user satisfaction with the solutions in our Industry-Specific Help Desk Software category evaluated with our unique algorythm that analyzes user reviews, comments and opinions across a wide range of social media platforms in order to help you make an educated purchase decision.
Pricing Read More
Every vendor in the Industry-Specific Help Desk Software category will provide a different set of pricing plans for its app and each plan will include a different group of tools. Below we list the general pricing for the cheapest package provided for each product. Please note that advanced features may have an extra cost.
Devices Supported Read More
An analysis of what kind of devices and operating systems are supported by all B2B solutions in the Industry-Specific Help Desk Software category, including mobile platforms and web-based solutions.
Laguages Supported Read More
Find out what languages and countries are served by the top B2B services in the Industry-Specific Help Desk Software category, including apps designed for international markets and prepared for multi-cultural groups of employees.
Pricing Model Read More
Find out which pricing models are offered by the vendors in the Industry-Specific Help Desk Software category to check which one fits your business needs and budget best. Keep in mind that some services can offer free or freemium accounts for you to test first.
Customer Types Read More
A brief look at which groups of companies a selected B2B platform in the Industry-Specific Help Desk Software category provides for, from small businesses and non-profits to big enterprises.
Deployment Read More
An overview of what kinds of product deployement are provided by every B2B vendor in the Industry-Specific Help Desk Software category. While most of modern SaaS services are cloud-hosted certain services might offer an on-site deployment model as well.