Most Popular Help Desk Software In The USA: Will It Suit Your Enterprise?
Richard is starting his own small business in California providing medical equipment to various hospitals and health care institutions in the state. He would like to know if his B2B business needs a help desk and the most popular help desk software in the USA. Richard asks—
“Hi there. Finally, after 10 years of working for a local hospital here in California as an administrator, I thought of starting a business providing medical equipment. I want to know: does my business need a help desk? And if yes, what is the most popular help desk software in the USA? I would like to know so that even before I start my business, I already have some good and top-notch recommendations regarding customer support before I even look for a vendor online. Thank you very much.” – Richard, CA
Thank you Richard for asking. Before we discuss your question, you may also want to read our side-by-side comparison providing you a quick review of the best accounting applications for businesses.
Does your business need a help desk? Definitely yes. Simply put, a help desk can help you work more effectively and efficiently. A help desk removes a lot of cumbersome manual processes involving customer support. A help desk can automate the customer support process, making it more convenient for you as well as your customers and potential clients.
A help desk does not only streamline communication but also keeps the submitted issues from customers more organized and easier to track. It also allows a uniform resolution schedule to be established and used.
Here are 5 ways a help desk can help you.
- Work more effectively. Your business will maximize its efficiency by streamlining all customer complaints and inquiries in one automated process.
- Multitask smarter. A help desk system can allow you to tackle several issues at once.
- One-stop help. Help desk systems can allow your users to create tickets, view the opened ones, and close out the ones that are already resolved or no longer present. The system can also allow you to access important data, including email addresses and phone numbers of your customers.
- Track ticket time. A good help desk software program also allows you to keep track of and monitor the time your employee spends on an inquiry or complaint.
- Group requests. Help desk can also help you to group tickets on a similar issue or complaint.
The most popular help desk software in the USA
There are a number of popular help desk software programs available in the United States right now, but probably the most popular one would be Zendesk. According to this study by AppAppeal, in the United States, Zendesk reaches about 36.5 percent of the users with 33 percent of the page views.
In another study by Capterra, Zendesk is also the most popular help desk software, with 400,000 customers and 200,000 users. It is also popular in the social media too: Zendesk has 57,400 Twitter followers, 20,545 Facebook followers, and 9,516 LinkedIn followers.
P.S. For further reading I recommend the following: what is the most popular help desk web based software in the U.K.?; experts’ advice on the best help desk software for medium and big enterprises; and the top 5 best service desk software.